Monday, April 19, 2010

UVA's Spring game, What's up with Lacrosse?, and the economy is turning around.....REALLY!

If the performance of the defense in Uva's spring game is any indication of the kind of football they will play this year, Uva might be in a every game! The flip side to that.....if Uva's offense is as inept this season as they looked in the spring game then it won't really matter. I'm hoping that this is just a rough transition and Marc Verica was simply taking it easy on the defense. Hmm, what a brilliant plan.......he is a senior at Uva so he's definitely smart enough to have thought this true.....of course......BRILLIANT!! A note to Coach Mike London, I LOVE your enthusiasm and I truly hope the team feeds off of that, a welcome change from Dictator Al and his bridge over troubled waters facial expressions. Also, I'd like to see Coach Welsh raise the Power of Orange flag this year.......that would be very special!!

Uva's number 1 ranked lacrosse team played and lost to Duke for an eighth straight time which begs to question, what the hell is going on??? This team is loaded with talent and yet when they play Duke they fold like an amateur on a celebrity Texas-hold'em reality show! Their face-offs were a joke and I hate to say it but the team lacked heart out there Saturday night. These two teams face off again Friday in the ACC Tournament. I hope they show up ready and hungry Friday........my god it isn't like Duke is VT and we're playing football!! :)

Over the past several weeks I have been feverishly persuing other employment. I've noticed the pickings were extremely thin to start, however, over the past few weeks there have been more and more jobs posted and the classifieds are more than one page long in the Sunday paper. The economy is slowly improving, jobs are being created, and the census jobs aren't the only reason why contrary to popular opinion. Yes we can, yes we will, and yes I just said that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment