Saturday, August 20, 2011

Two weeks from today...College Football begins!!

We are only two weeks away...it's almost here! I think about all of the issues going on with the debt ceiling, the upcoming Presidential campaign, the sagging economy; I could go on with all the negative events creeping into the American psyche! Nobody seems to have any answers, only negativity and attitude.

Neither political party seems to care about anything but getting elected - full of hollow promises and venom. No substance, just hype. Speaking of no substance and just hype, a peek at the top 25 poll released this week shows many familiar names to college football fans. One name jumps out at me - Virgina Tech - the biggest reason is that they embody all that's wrong with the political system; no substance, just hype. Their fans are full of themselves, their schedule shows only one tough road game (in Charlottesville), and they haven't done anything in a big game for the last three years. Wait, neither has the man I voted for who promised me hope and change...

Did I mention it's almost football season??

No comments:

Post a Comment