Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fantasy Football Championship Rings, Sterling Silver or Gold? And the Implications of a potential strike...

This football season, I was fortunate enough to win two different fantasy football leagues. One was a work fantasy football league and the other was an adult-league softball fantasy football league. This is the second championship for Scuba's Crew in the softball league. To commemorate the inaugural championship in the softball league, I purchased a gold championship ring from a well-known vendor. The great debate, now, is should I commemorate the second championship from this same league, or, since no win will be quite as special as the first, do I just let it go and keep bragging rights?

To commemorate the first championship in the work league, I will be purchasing a sterling silver ring. This is a must have, as I need to be able to go to work, raise my ring finger on my right hand in the air, and say "The Champ has entered the building!"

This whole topic has me wondering about the collective bargaining agreement in the NFL Players' Association. This would be the first potential work stoppage in the history of fantasy football. The ramifications of the strike would be magnified by the number of people who are outraged by the prospect of, not only no football, but also no fantasy football. Think about it...think about the revenue generated, for and by, fantasy football. Add that to the millions already at stake in contracts, etc., and you tell me how important it is for the players and the owners to reach an agreement.

Roger Goodell, you are on the clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment