Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super bowl Prediction, a salute to Roger Federer, Nascar's opening Salvo, and why golf sucks without Tiger!

Well, it's Super Sunday and I'm trying to decide who's going to win the game. Hmm, I'm in an office pool that doesn't take the winner into consideration so that's a good thing. However, I do have a side bet where I took the Saints and 3 points. My prediction is based on my monetary needs, so I'm going Saints 31 to 28 over the Colts. The commercials will be good, but because of the economy, they won't be as effective for the advertisers as they normally would be. One more prediction, if Peyton Manning is in a commercial, it will make you laugh. Great writers are guaranteed for great quarterbacks!!

Roger Federer won the first grand slam of this calendar year down under in Australia. This was his first slam as a dad. The last man to do this was a personal favorite of mine, the great Andre Agassi! One other thing these two greats have in common - they both won Rolland Garros (the French Open), something that Pete Sampras could never do. Sorry, Pete, it's the truth!

Nascar opened up it's season with the shootout last night. Kevin Harvick was the leader of the pack and I'm sure his fans, if he has any, are very excited about that. But let's be honest, until someone competes with Jimmie Johnson the ratings and popularity of Nascar will continue to diminish. I'm thinking more short tracks would be a smart move - so would taking off the restrictor plates, but we all know that won't happen!

Has anybody seen Tiger Woods lately?? I mean other than in an SNL skit!! The latest ratings for this weekend's tournament are awful. The only vibe generated was by a comment by a lesser golfer calling Phil Mickelson a cheater. By the way, Phil, you're not a cheater and golf would be damn lucky if there were more golfers of your class on the course right now! Tiger, when you come back, I want you to dominate. Golf needs you, and more importantly, you need golf!! Simply put, I haven't watched one event since Tiger's demise, and if average joe's like myself aren't watching, golf is in a world or trouble!!

I'll have a post-game post tonight discussing today's big game....uh oh, just checked the odds and the spread moved...wonder if I can get that adjusted in my 3 point bet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment