Thursday, February 25, 2010

An undefeated season.........OH YEAH!!!

The Glenvar Vipers girls basketball team capped off an undefeated season tonight with it's most thrilling win of the year! Tied at 17 with 20 seconds left, Taylor Dishon stole the ball, dribbled the length of the court, put up a shot, and missed. Then, Mary Katherine grabbed the rebound with two seconds and put it back up to make the game winner as time expired!! I jumped off the bench, the parents jumped up, the kids were jacked....it was one helluva scene! I now have a ton of gray hair after tonight. I think these kids took a few years off my life, but let me tell you, it was worth it!!!

Banquet is next and I'm going to be sad to bring this chapter to a close. It was time consuming, it was at times nerve racking, but I'll never forget this team and these kids, worth every second of time!! Did I mention the game was in Salem, playing a Salem team, with Salem refs giving them every call..........and we still BEAT them!! :)

1 comment: